Our friends at Culley’s make a great chipotle sauce and it's available at supermarkets and specialty food stores.
- 8 Turk's free range chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano leaves
- 8 small soft tortillas
- 8 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 8 handfuls very finely shredded cabbage or iceberg lettuce
- 4 handfuls baby spinach, baby silver beet leaves or baby beetroot leaves
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- chipotle sauce for drizzling
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a shallow ceramic or glass dish and drizzle over 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, oregano and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and leave to marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place in the chicken tenderloins and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning once. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the soft tacos, preferably on a chargrill so you get those lovely dark grill lines plus the bonus of extra flavour.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over each soft taco and top with shredded cabbage, baby spinach and herbs. Place on a chicken tenderloin and drizzle with a little chipotle sauce.
Turk's free range chicken tenderloins
Turk's free range chicken breast fillets, thigh fillets and tenderloins
Add slices of avocado to your soft tacos.
Add chopped fresh tomato when tomatoes are in season.