Packed with freshness and with protein-laden chicken, this is a perfect one-meal dish. Traditionally made using shredded Chinese cabbage, but you can use baby cos lettuce, baby spinach, rocket or a combination of these. Use more chilli in the dressing if you like it hotter and leave in the seeds.
- For the Salad:
- 1/4 cabbage very thinly sliced (a mandolin is good here)
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated or cut into thin strips (matchsticks)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely grated or cut into thin strips (matchsticks)
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 100g rice vermicelli
- 400g Turk's free range cooked chicken meat torn into shreds
- 1/2 cup mint leaves mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- For the Dressing:
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, spring onion and mung bean sprouts. Cover and set aside to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Place the rice vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes until soft, then drain well and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking.
- Add the chicken, vermicelli and herbs to the salad and toss well before serving straightaway.
Turk's free range 1.35kg chicken
Turk's free range chicken breast fillets, chicken thighs, chicken tenderloins