We have been making these chicken cakes for many years and this recipe is a proven caterer's dream. A snip to make using mini muffin trays.
- For the chicken cakes:
- 400 g Turk's chicken breast fillets, skinless and well chilled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lime or lemon
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ cup coconut cream
- For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 2 x 12 mini-sized muffin trays.
- Chop the chicken roughly and place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Using the pulse button, pulse until the chicken is roughly minced. Do not over-process or you will have chicken paste – hence using the pulse button.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add the chilli, lime zest, spring onion, fish sauce and coconut cream. Mix well and season with salt. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin trays and place side by side in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave for a few minutes to cool before transferring to a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dipping sauce ingredients and spoon a little over each chicken cake. Serve warm.
Turk's free range chicken breast fillets
Turk's free range chicken breast mince