The goodness of quinoa with a fruity twist means a healthier stuffing that tastes delicious.
- 1 cup quinoa, well washed
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 handful mint leaves and parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1.5 kg Turk's free range chicken
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet. Leave to cool.
- Place the currants in a heatproof bowl and pour over 2 tablespoons boiling water. Leave for 20 minutes to soften. Drain and cool.
- Place the oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Mix all ingredients together and stuff into chicken cavity. Tie chicken legs with kitchen string to secure. Place stuffed chicken in a roasting dish. Rub with a little oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 50-55 minutes per kg plus 10-20 minutes extra or until the chicken juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil or baking paper and leave to rest in a warm place for 10-15 minutes before carving.
1.5kg Turk's free range chicken
1.35kg Turk's free range chicken
Leftover stuffing can be rolled into balls and added to the roasting dish halfway through cooking chicken. Bind stuffing mixture with egg and gluten-free flour.