- For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- ¼ cup cooking sake
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- For the Chicken skewers:
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 20 minutes
- 4 Turk's free range chicken thigh fillets, skinless
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm lengths
- baby cress to scatter, optional
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small heavy-based saucepan and place over low heat. Gently bring up to the boil then reduce heat and simmer until syrupy.
- Heat a char grill until hot.
- Cut the chicken into even-sized pieces (about 3cm) and thread on to the soaked skewers alternating with the spring onion pieces.
- Place on the hot grill in batches and grill for 5 minutes, turning once or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken skewers on a serving plate and drizzle over enough sauce to moisten. Scatter over cress if using.
Turk's free range chicken thigh fillets
Turk's free range chicken breast fillets, chicken tenderloins