- For the chicken:
- 2 Turk's free range chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning, store-bought or homemade (see tips)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- good pinch dried chilli flakes or more to taste
- To serve:
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 handful picked coriander leaves
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, very finely shredded
- toasted rice, optional (see tips)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cut the chicken into small diced cubes and place in a bowl with the spring onion, garlic and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the oil and, when hot, add the chicken mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove the wok from the heat.
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli flakes. Stir to combine.
- Place baby cos leaves on a large platter and fill with the chicken mixture. Top with coriander leaves, shredded kaffir lime leaf and toasted rice, if using. Place on the lime wedges.
Turk's free range chicken breast fillets
Turk's free range chicken breast mince and chicken thigh fillets
To make lemon pepper seasoning, mix together 1 stalk (white part only) lemongrass, finely chopped, the zest of 1 lemon and 1 green chilli, finely chopped. Or you can use store-bought lemon pepper seasoning, available from the spice section of your supermarket.
To make toasted rice, place ½ cup jasmine rice in a frying pan or wok and stir-fry over medium heat until aromatic and lightly toasted. Allow to cool, then grind to a fine powder. Keep in an airtight container.