Have all your ingredients ready and placed in the order you are going to use them so you can cook the fried rice quickly without overcooking.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup Turk's free range cooked cold shredded chicken (use chicken meat from your leftover roast chicken)
- 2 spring onions, lightly trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3 baby bok choy, finely sliced or quartered
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan. Place the eggs in a small bowl with the soy sauce and sesame oil and lightly whisk using a fork. Pour into the hot oil and allow to set and form and omelette then turn and cook on the other side for about 10 seconds. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil to the wok and heat. When hot, add the cooked rice and stir around a little with a wooden spoon. Add the cooked chicken, spring onion, mung bean sprouts and bok choy to the wok, stirring to combine with the rice.
- Add the stock, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the bok choy is tender.
- Cut the omelette into strips and stir through the rice. Sprinkle with the chives and sesame seeds. Serve in small bowls.
Leftover Turk's free range roast 1.35kg chicken
Turk's free range chicken breast fillets, chicken thigh fillets, chicken tenderloins